Vincenzo Simmarano Teacher
Currently Vincenzo Simmarano holds the chair of Composition at the Brescia Music Conservatory, campus Darfo Boario Terme, but his teaching career actually started in the 1980’s.
His first position goes back to the academic year 1985-1986 when he was a teacher of Complementary Harmony at the music conservatory Darfo Boario Terme. Following this first experience, he has taught at prestigious music conservatories such as Como, Matera and Benevento plus the Istituto Musicale Europeo di Milano, the Guitar Ateneo in Milan and the American School of Milan.
In his teaching career, he was also Head of the Music Department at the Sir James Henderson British School of Milan.
Through teaching and his role as a teacher, he seeks to transmit the same passion to his students, that also brought him to music.
The following is a summary of his teaching career:
- 1985-1986 Complementary Harmony teacher at the music conservatory, Darfo Boario Terme
- 1986-1988 Experimental Composition teacher as the music conservatory, Como
- 1988-1994 Harmony, Counterpoint, Fugue and Composition teacher at the music conservatory, Matera
- 1992-1993 Voice Technique teacher at the New Academy of Modern Music in Milan
- 1993-1996 Flute and Sax teacher (in English) at the American School Of Milan – Sax teacher at the Istituto Musicale Europeo in Milan – Music Theory teacher at the Guitar in Milan
- 1993-1997 Theory and Music Technology Teacher, Conductor of choir and orchestra at the Sir James Henderson British School of Milan
- 1996-1997 Head of Music Department at the Sir James Henderson British School of Milan
- 1996 Winner of National competition in the Complementary Harmony category, for titles and examinations, 16th position in ranking with 62,68 points
- 1999 Winner of National competition in the Harmony and Counterpoint category, for titles and examinations, 22nd position in ranking with 51,77 points
- 1990-2000 Draft corrector for BMG Ricordi s.p.a.
- 1997-2001 Copyist (with Finale) for Suvini Zerboni
- 1998-1999 Holder of the General Musical Culture Chair at the music conservatory, Matera
- 1999-2000 Holder of the Harmony and Counterpoint Chair at the conservatory, Benevento
- From 2000 Holder of the Harmony and Counterpoint Chair at the music conservatory Darfo Boario Terme.